PLEASE NOTE – Visitors may not bring any pets onto the premises
- On the N3 bypass near Pietermaritzburg, take the R33 – Greytown turn off. If you are coming from inland (Mooi River), you will pass the large Midlands Mall Shopping Centre on your left on the N3 and the very next off ramp is the R33.
- Proceed towards Greytown (i.e. left if you are coming from Mooi River and right over the highway if you are coming from Durban). Proceed 1.3 km up the hill going through 2 traffic lights (not counting the robot at the off ramps). At the third traffic light you will see a large KFC on the left and at this traffic light, turn right on to the R33 (Greytown Road).
- Proceed 4.1 km at which time on an uphill, please slow down for a large speed hump at a school pedestrian crossing.
- Continue on the Greytown Road for a further 13.7 km, at which stage you should cross the Umgeni River in the valley.
- Continue on the Greytown Road for a further 4.2 km and just after the top of a long uphill, you will see the Karkloof turn off on the left.
- Turn left on to the Karkloof turn off, proceed 600 metres through the dip and up to the speed humps and railway line crossing.
- After the railway crossing, proceed 3.2 km, you will see the Albert Falls public dam in the valley on the left and if you look carefully on the right you will see Satellite Dam. The crops on the right change from Sugar Cane to Forest and 200 metres after the forest starts, you will turn right onto a dirt road at a green sign with white letters marked “Bird Valley Estate”. If you get to a tar road from the left saying Morton’s Drift Cramond, you have gone 300 meters too far.
- Proceed 2 km down the dirt road – please note that due to blind rises and corners, the safe speed is 40 km an hour.
- At the cross roads where the Eskom sub station is, go slightly left, then through the concrete dip. Follow the road through the main entrance gate and turn right in to Starling Place and come to the Club ground – Water’s Edge.
Click here to download printable PDF version (68kb)